1) Age requirement
- Car rental
The minimum age is 23 years old and the maximum age, 70 years old.
The renters aged between 19 – 22 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge.
- Motorbike rental
The minimum age is 21 years old and the maximum age, 70 years old.
The renters aged between 19 – 20 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge.
2) Vehicle Pick Up
You will need to present the following documents when picking up the rented vehicle:
- Driving license and International Driver Permit of each driver.
- Renter passport or Identity card.
- A valid credit card.
The renter is required to present a valid Credit Card for the Rental Guarantee, even if the payment is made by the use of cash or Debit Card.
When you receive a rental vehicle, you agree to an amount of money as a guarantee. This excess amount will be held on your credit card for the duration of your rental. If the vehicle has returned without any damage, the amount will be released. The time taken for the amount to be accessible on your credit card will depend on your provider. As an average, it should take a minimum of 3 days.
*If the renter does not present the required and valid documents, Kimolos Moto may refuse to rent the vehicle. In such cases sums already paid shall not be reimbursed and the reservation will be cancelled.
3) Driver’s License
The driver must have a valid driver’s license held for at least one year.
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required by Greek Law for all drivers that are not citizens of the European Community (with the exception of citizens of Norway, Switzerland and Iceland) as well as for the holders of a driving license that is not legible in English.
4) Additional Drivers
The minimum age and driver’s license requirements for the renter also apply to the additional driver.
There is no additional driver fee for up to one extra driver and is part of our rental rate and coverage package.
5) Rental Agreement and checking for damage
When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement which he is obligated to read and sign.
It is very important that the renter checks and reports any existing damage on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at vehicle collection a condition form for any damages to the vehicle.
6) Minimum rental
One day. At the end of 24hour rental, an additional day will be charged.
7) Rental extension
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact or visit Kimolos Moto office in order to extend his Rental Agreement and sign the new Rental Agreement. You must do so before the expiry of the rental agreement.
If we are unable to agree to your request then you must return the vehicle by the time specified in our Rental Agreement.
8) After Hours Deliveries – Collections (20.00 – 9.00):
Charged with 10 euro.
9) Baby seats: 5 euro/day (available upon request).
Ensure your children’s safety by including a baby seat in your car rental. We provide two different groups of child seats:
- Group 0+/1: Ideal for children weighing between 0-18 kg.
- Group 1/2/3: Ideal for children weighing between 9-36 kg.
We deliver the rented car with the baby seat pre-installed.
10) Insurance (Third Party Liability Insurance)
All Kimolos Moto vehicles are insured:
Against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.220.000 euro per victim.
Material damages to third parties (excluding Kimolos Moto vehicle) up to 1.220.000 euro.
- Theft or attempted theft of the vehicle
- Death or injury to the driver
- Damage to the rental vehicle
- Loss or damage to vehicle keys
- Loss or damage to vehicle equipment
- Damage caused to the underneath and the top of the vehicle, antenna, tires, mirrors, glasses and interior.
Renter must return the vehicle with the same amount as he collected, otherwise a charge of fuel will apply.
12) Ways of payment
The rent can be paid by credit card or debit card, by cash and bank
To complete a booking, a deposit is required.
All reservations are based on a vehicle category and a certain car model.
In case there is no availability for a confirmed reservation, Kimolos Moto reserves the right to offer a vehicle of same or bigger category to the customer with no extra charge.
14) Booking amendment/cancellation
If you need to change or cancel your reservation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +30 6984278789.
In case of cancellation up to 15 days before departure date, the amount of the deposit is refundable (any transfer expenses are paid by the client).
In case of cancellation within the period of 15 days prior departure the deposit is not refundable.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone notice, Kimolos moto will cancel the reservation and reserve the right to charge the renter a fee equal to the deposit given at the time of reservation.
16) Transportation by Ferry boats
An advance written authorization from Kimolos Moto is required. In case of ferrying the vehicle, all insurances are not valid.
*In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the vehicle transportation back to Kimolos Moto office, is the renter’s responsibility and will be charged for all expenses.
In case of an accident the renter is obliged to inform Kimolos Moto as well as the police and present the Police Accident Report upon return of the vehicle to the station.
Do not offer to pay or admit liability without the consent of Kimolos Moto.
If the vehicle is unsafe to drive please contact Kimolos Moto.
In case of an accident caused by the renter, the renter will be charged with 14 euro for the accident file management costs.
18) Fines and penalties
All fines resulting from the driver’s conduct are borne solely by the renter.
In case of removal of license plates, the renter will be charged for the rental until the receipt of the license plates from the competent service.
19) Limitations- Vehicle use
- The rented scooter should not be used for carrying a number of passengers or luggage exceeding the permissible payload based on vehicle characteristics and causing overloading of the vehicle.
If it is perceptive that the scooter is carrying more than the permissible number of passengers, the driver must return the rented vehicle immediately to Kimolos Moto without any demand of money refund. Furthermore renter must pay 70 euro of excessive destruction of all the accessories parts of the scooter and for the damages that were caused during its use.
- It is forbidden for any person to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, to carry persons or property for hire, to propel or tow any vehicle trailer or object, to participate in race contest, use the rental vehicle off-road or give driving lessons.
- The rented vehicle should not be used in case of having a flat tire or vehicle malfunction.
- In case the renter returns the vehicle in a bad condition with extremely dirty interior, a cleaning fee up to 85 euro will be applied for professional cleaning of the vehicle (e.g. food stains, drink, animal fur, mud, dirt or sea salt on car seats).